The Hewko Firm | Florida Accident & Injury Law
30 Years of Experience | FREE Consultation | CALL 1-800-BIG-E-LAW
The Hewko Firm’s Eric Hewko is a Florida Bar civil trial attorney based in Palm Beach County, Florida with the law firm of The Hewko Firm. He has practiced civil trial law at the highest levels over the last thirty (30) years.
Mr. Hewko was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA and attended The University of Florida, where he, and two (2) of his brothers, were varsity members of the Gators football team. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and English, he attended Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida. Thereafter, he began his practice with the law firm then known as Montgomery, Lytal, Reiter, Denney & Searcy, P.A., in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Mr. Hewko left the firm of Montgomery, Searcy & Denney, P.A., as partner, in 1988, to found his own law firm, Hall, Hewko & Leibovit, P.A. in downtown West Palm Beach.
In 1997, he established The Hewko Firm in North Palm Beach. Mr. Hewko and his firms have achieved the highest ratings by independent legal directory organizations.
Mr. Hewko is a member of:
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in The United States Courts of Appeals, 5th & 11th Circuits; Member of The Trial Bar of the District Court of the United States in and for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Justice Association
- The Palm Beach Justice Association
- During his career, Eric Hewko has in the past been listed in Who’s Who in American Law and Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders in America
- Eric Hewko was also an appointed past member of The Florida Bar Association Grievance Committee
- Past Vice Chairman of The Florida Bar Association, Section on Entertainment, Art & Sports Law
Of particular note are Mr. Hewko’s past positions:
- National Director of The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- President of the Florida Federation of ABOTA. The American Board of Trial Advocates is an organization of the country’s most experienced trial lawyers whose members qualify for membership on an invitation only basis. Mr. Hewko is the only Palm Beach County attorney to ever hold such position.
With respect to activities outside the field of law:
- Past Director of the Leukemia Society of America
- Past President and Director of The Palm Beach Ballet Society
- Director and past President of The University of Florida Alumni Association, Palm Beach County Chapter
- Director of The Lake Worth Playhouse, an internationally recognized local theater group